Mar 25, 2011

Ah, Friday

It's an absolutely beautiful morning here!  Hoping I can get out and have a great run this afternoon!

 As I blog! 
Wait, what was that you said? You're not really supposed to put up pictures of your towel turban?



I'm still super excited about the 10k I ran on Monday.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be at all, and I know that I can do it again soon.  It will, of course, be harder if it's really hot outside if I'm running in the early afternoon.  But once I've run a distance once, I know I'm perfectly capable of doing it, and then I run that distance more often!


The other day, I was craving a salad for lunch, but all we had in the lettuce department was some sad shreds of purple lettuce, and purple lettuce is definitely not my favorite.  This dilemma called for action!  

This is what I came up with:


- Some shreds of the purple lettuce
- Cold peas
- Cooked carrot
- A sliced baby potato
- Cooked peppers
- Some sliced pear 
It actually turned out really good! I love cold peas in any kind of salad.


Also, we don't have a foam roller, so I've been using this:
Yes, that's a rolling pin.

It feels really good, and has been working great! Along with my rolling pin and stretching, I'm good to go.



What are your plans for the weekend?

Some things happening at my house today are:  A Bible study with a neighbor, laundry, dishes, housecleaning, online college classes, and running.


Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comments Lindsey!! I never dreamed of running 20 miles, but you know what, I can now! If you want to, you will be able to one day too.

    Over a year ago, running more than 5 miles was a personal best for me!

    Love your creativity of using a rolling pin--perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous blog! Creative use of the rolling pin, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Please keep things clean!