But since we're about a billion miles from any KK, we made our own! Super good, but super sugary so instead of having one of the leftovers for breakfast this morning I made overnight oats.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (don't have them)
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 3/4 cup almond milk (regular milk)
- Banana (all ours were brown and attracting gnats)
- Five heavy pinches of sugar (didn't actually use it)
- Salted peanuts (used PB instead)
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds, oatmeal, and milk. Put in fridge and let stand overnight.
- In the morning, remove chia seed mixture and stir.
- On a hot and greased griddle, place banana chunks and cook on high until it begins to brown. Flip once and sprinkle with sugar.
- Mash half of the grilled banana and plate.
- Top with remaining banana and nuts.
This looks like a really yummy oatmeal recipe, but as you see in the ingredient section above I ended up having it majorly different. I tossed the oats and milk in a bowl and let it sit overnight, then pulled it out the next morning, added a teaspoon or two of the ol' PB, and called it good!
Jake and I got up early this morning to go on our run. We're attempting to start following the half training schedule again. Our plan is to be really relaxed about it, repeating a week if we need to. I just really like having a schedule to build my mileage, and know what days I'm going to do what.
It was a beautiful morning, not hot yet...but even after stretching and warming up my legs felt like they were saying, "Um, we're not awake yet...we're tired...what are you doing?" Hopefully they'll get used to morning runs once time goes on.
Got back from the run, cleaned up, and then gobbled my oatmeal before we went down the road for our Saturday morning Bible class!
|I added just a little too much milk...that weird thing that looks like it's hanging from my nose is actually a drop of milk. I promise.|
|"Yum, I know what I'm having for breakfast for the next 3 months!!!"|
Also, I used part of my itunes GC to buy Despicable Me.
This movie is too funny! "Piranha gun, ooh yeeah!"
I better just stop before the rest of this turns into a "my favorite quotes from this movie" post.
Did you eat a donut yesterday?
Have you ever tried overnight oats?
Please tell me I'm not the only one who loves Despicable Me!